Have you ever gone through the struggle of finding that perfect product that performs as promised? As someone who’s (sort-of) in the beauty industry (commercial break: check my YouTube make-up tutorial channel), I’ve tried pretty much every sort of skincare and cosmetic product out there […]
June is supposedly the most popular wedding month, because of some ancient Roman myth that if you get married during the month of the goddess Juno, she will protect your marriage. I think that belief has held up in Western countries because it’s that period between spring and summer when the weather is at its most pleasant.
In a country like the Philippines where the sun shines most of the year (except for occasional typhoon interruptions), when you get married isn’t much of an issue. I have noticed though, that I seem to receive more than the usual crop of invitations, either as a guest or to host the festivities, for the last quarter of the year. Maybe because the weather’s cooler so outdoor weddings are more doable?
Anyway, I have quite a few weddings to attend in the coming months, which also means I get to attend my favorite kind of party: Bridal showers! I just love the girl-bonding experience of it all where we can just be a little naughty and spend a special night with our sisters-from-other-misters before one of us steps into the wonderful world of wedded bliss.
One of the highlights of any bridal shower is the gift-giving and opening time. The best gifts are the ones that take the bride-to-be’s personal passions and tastes, as well as little things that her betrothed will surely appreciate on her (wink-wink). Here are a few things that I found that will be a sure-fire hit for that lucky girl about to get hitched:
- La Senza Bralettes. Who said sexy had to be uncomfortable? Available in assorted colors, these soft and lacy numbers are very “supportive” without the discomfort of underwires and padding. They also give enough coverage to be worn just under a jacket, which I think looks so cute and sexy. A naughty and practical pick for that sporty, comfort-loving bride.
Spotted at: La Senza, 3F Newport Mall. Also available in other branches.
- Victoria’s Secret PINK Fresh & Clean skin care and fragrance line. Smells sweet, flirty, and kissable without being overpowering. This is perfect for the girly-girl bride.
Available at Victoria’s Secret boutiques at GF Newport Mall, SM Megamall, and select Duty Free outlets.
- JOY by Jean Patou. This is one of the most legendary perfumes ever made, at par with the likes of Chanel No. 5. Created during the Great Depression in the 1920, it was known to be the most expensive perfume ever made. Today, perfume connoisseurs still regard it as the ultimate symbol of quality and prestige. Each ounce of JOY takes 10,600 jasmine flowers and 28 dozen May roses. This is a must-have for the bride who knows and loves her luxury goods.
Available at Art of Scent, GF Newport Mall.
- Ray-Ban Round Camouflage. A classic shape and frame perfect to hide the effects of an epic night of partying. This is sure to come in handy for the bride who loves travelling and the great outdoors. The cool camouflage print of the frame gives it a tough edge and comes in both standard camouflage and traditionally feminine colors.
Available at all Sunglass Haven shops.
- Villa del Conte praline balls. Yes, I know, she’s probably on a diet – which makes this the perfect cheat treat for the sweet-toothed bride. I mean, seriously. If you’re going to help your friend “cheat” on her diet, you might as well go all out and let her have a bite (or 12) of Italian chocolates that have followed 75 years of artisanal standards. Right? Right.
Available at Villa del Conte branches: GF Resorts World Manila (flagship shop), 3F Trinoma, 2F Greenbelt 5, 3F Shangri-la Plaza Mall
There’s something about Japanese culture that fascinates me. Maybe it’s their minimalist aesthetic, or their attention to detail, or their obsession with the concept of constant improvement. Or maybe I truly am just a Sailor Moon fan girl for life! Haha! Anyway, one of the […]
It’s amazing how much happiness unconditional love can bring. Little ball of love = Libby! Andre and I welcomed Libby Chessler(any Sabrina fans out there?) into our world about a year ago and our lives have been completely changed. The joy she brings into our life everyday cannot be measured. The responsibility though of having a furbaby is a huge one, something a lot of people don’t expect. In our case it’s a little more challenging as we have chosen not to leave her alone at home(30 minutes max). We live in an apartment and there really isn’t anyone left behind to look after her whenever we go out. She is, therefore, constantly with us as we go to work or to the mall, we bring her around everywhere. The reason for this(paranoia) is due to a traumatic experience of losing Hiccup, our 1st furbaby together, before Libby came along.
As the saying goes, the struggle is real. Actual parents may find this a little silly and maybe a bit OA but fur-parents will understand. Finding establishments that are pet-friendly here in the metro is quite a pain. Online info isn’t really accurate about which establishments are pet-friendly or not. We’ve had our fair share of unpleasant experiences in being rudely rejected as well–NOT FUN. I mean I get it, rules are rules but training in this department is quite lacking in a few places. So as fur-parents, we’d like to spare you the stress and list down the pet-friendly joints we know of– this is also to acknowledge some of the establishments that welcome our little furry companions(thank YOU!).
Andre and I recently had our first staycation with our Libby. Ecohotel in Tagaytay is one of the few hotels we’ve encountered that is open to having pets stay over with their humans. We especially liked the fact that their resident dog, Blue, was part of the welcoming committee as we checked-in to the hotel. They were also kind enough to heat Libby’s food for the duration of our stay. Unfortunately only dogs 25 kilos and below are allowed to stay at the hotel since it is a boutique hotel and their rooms would probably be too small for a bigger dog. They also will require a bigger safety deposit of 2000 pesos with an additional 500 pesos per pet. Aside from these things, the hotel welcomes your furbaby with open arms. The receptionists were warm and friendly to both humans and their companions. Libby isn’t necessarily a yappy dog so we didn’t encounter any problems with the other guests but take note that the doors and walls aren’t completely sound-proof so noisier pets will be heard and can bother other people. All in all it was a very pleasant stay for us and it doesn’t hurt that they are very eco-friendly, too! Will definitely be back soon!
Other Libby Approved Establishments:
- La Luz Resort – Laiya, Batangas (500 per pet)
- Sundowners Villa – Bolinao, Pangasinan (with a fee per pet)
- Cafe Voila – Tagaytay
- Balay Dako – Tagaytay
- Gringo’s – Legaspi, Makati
- Bake n’ Bacon – Solenad, Nuvali
- Masuki – All branches
- Nice Two Meat U – Circuit Makati
- Kandle Cafe – Tomas Morato
- Crying Tiger – Poblacion, Makati
- Seoul Express – Fort Strip, BGC
- Slice – High Street, BGC (we were in the outdoor area but they were kind enough to give our dogs water in a plastic bowl, w/o us asking for water specifically for them <3)
- Eastwood Mall
- All SM Malls
- All Ayala Malls
- Estancia, Capitol Commons
These are the ones we’ve actually been to. There are still quite a few, I’m sure, that we haven’t discovered. We are eager to find more so please feel free to leave a comment if you guys have any additions so that we can update this list and make it longer. Knowing more Libby Approved establishments makes life a little more fun and a bit easier for everybody, no? We did not include restaurants that have outdoor areas as most of these are open to having your dogs with you as long as you stay outside and get consent. Of course, we can’t promise that they’ll be as welcoming as the aforementioned spots. On our part, we will continue our search for more pet friendly a.k.a. Libby approved establishments and will update you guys soon!
Libby is on I-to tha-G! @libbyapproved
Everyday is Papa’s Day! I know it’s been a few weeks since the official Father’s Day celebration but I’d just like to take this chance to show some love to my forever hero, number 1 fan, ultimate bodyguard/driver/cook/spoiler/coach/everything! I love you, Papa. I will […]
Summer may be over in the Philippines, but it’s just getting started in other places! For a tropical girl like me, it’s the perfect time to travel to colder countries because you can enjoy the scenery without freezing to death. Saves me from having to buy a winter wardrobe too!
Comfort is my primary consideration when it comes to packing for a trip. After all, it’s gonna be pretty hard to enjoy the thrill of walking along a cobblestone path of an ancient city if your feet are bleeding! Haha! That being said, you don’t have to look like the caricature of a fanny-pack-wearing tourist either.
Here’s a quick list of my travel style hacks:
- Prada Baroque sunnies – Comfort is key. So you can opt to dress down and go really casual on some days and leave the styling to your specs!
- Rayban aviators – A less daring choice but will def go with all types of looks. ***Here’s a hot tip for y’all –you can use your Resorts World Manila memberships points to get discounts from Sunglass Haven (where I spotted these two sunnies). Just present your card and ask the sales assistants for the details of the deals that they can give you 🙂
- Kate Spade Cameron Street Neema backpack – You can never go wrong with a mini leather backpack for traveling! Functional AND chic! Best of all, this type of leather is scratch and stain resistant.
- Fitflop slides – I’ve always been a fan of how comfy their shoes are! So glad that their designs have improved immensely. Believe me, you can walk in these for hours!
- L’Occitane Hand Cream – Air travel tends to make my skin go dry, especially my hands. This hand cream smells so good and the moisture stays even after washing my hands a few times.
- Victoria’s Secret Tease Flower Eau de Parfum – Smelling good is non-negotiable wherever you may be. I love how this smells fresh and playful, and not overwhelming.
- Wrap-N-Rest Pillow – I love how this keeps my head from bobbing forward when sleeping on the plane/train/bus. Now I don’t have to worry about embarrassing tulo-laway moments! Hahaha!
- Samsonite Black Label spinner trolley – spare yourself the confusion of looking for your bag among a sea of black luggage. The champagne pink shade of this one is sleek and gorgeous. Compact enough for overhead cabins and sturdy enough to check in, in case you exceed hand carry weight limits. Oh, and it comes in a set of three sizes!
Bon voyage, and make it lovely!
Happy Lundi! One of my early morning habits is to scroll down my favorite chic style bloggers and friends’ Instagram feeds while I drink my coffee. Next to seeing the stunning vistas of their holiday destinations, I often find myself drooling with envy/admiration over some […]