Have you ever gone through the struggle of finding that perfect product that performs as promised? As someone who’s (sort-of) in the beauty industry (commercial break: check my YouTube make-up tutorial channel), I’ve tried pretty much every sort of skincare and cosmetic product out there […]
Tag: Newport Mall
One of my early morning habits is to scroll down my favorite chic style bloggers and friends’ Instagram feeds while I drink my coffee. Next to seeing the stunning vistas of their holiday destinations, I often find myself drooling with envy/admiration over some of their OOTD posts.
You know what I’m talking about – those incredibly chic shots of stylishly put-together outfits (sometimes designer label) while they casually lean against an artfully faded wall or lush greenery. Bonus points if they somehow have sunbeams as their natural spotlight, giving off a “Chosen One” feel. Hahaha!
I’m sure many of you think that looking like you’ve stepped out of a fashion magazine is easy if you have a seemingly bottomless budget and can dress in head-to-toe couture. However, most of us have bills to pay and finite bank accounts, so here’s a few tips on how to look gorgeously glam without having to starve.
Stick to reliable, but chic basics such as:
- A little black dress. High street brands like Zara, Mango, H&M, etc. do the LBD so well .
- Playful cuts in neutral tones. I found this really cute nude dress from BCBG at 75% off in Newport Mall, Resorts World Manila (Andre and I, in anticipation of traffic, were a tad bit too early for our flight to HK so we decided to kill some time and window shop). It can go from day to night, depending on how you accessorize. Super classy, and not screaming for attention.
Rania Lace-Blocked Dress
- Classic white/cream tops that just drape so well. Again, you can go to high street or even department store brands for affordable, high quality pieces.
- Uniqlo has been my go-to for basics. They fit so well and won’t break the bank.
Treat yourself on an occasional splurge, but choose wisely. I don’t mind (nearly) breaking bank on accessories that will last forever (if properly cared for) and I can use over and over again like:
- This Bvlgari handbag. Yes, it costs as much as a downpayment for a car, but OMG. Just look at it! It’s just the thing to jazz up an otherwise basic outfit. Definitely a keeper.
- A classic leather watch. This model from Cartier is understatedly elegant and just looks so respectable.
- Ferragamo flats. Timeless design and so comfortable. Some people think you shouldn’t spend so much on shoes because they just get scuffed and dirty when used, but I beg to disagree. Some shoes cost more because design and engineering went into them to make them attractive, durable, and comfortable. This is one of them.
Make it lovely!